Analytical problem solving and decision making - 2-day
- Learn the process of problem solving (stages, methods of work)
- Define problems and issues of concern
- Analyse issues of concern
- Create action plan to deal with particular issue of concern
- Choose the most suitable way to find a solution: analytical or creative
- Start noticing connections and develop cause-effect way of thinking
- Learn several techniques and methods, both for individuals and for teams
- Make right decisions by applying methods you’ve learnt
This course is aimed at developing analytical thinking, and its application to problem solving and accurate decision making. In our opinion this method is totally bulletproof, because it’s based on cause-effect relations, dependence analysis, sound judgement, and identification of root cause of the problem.
Part I. Basic concepts - what is the problem?
- Individual problem perception
- Types of problems
Part II. How to think in order to achieve the goal?
- Two ways of problem solving:
- analytical methods
- synthetic (conceptual) method
- Can amateur beat an expert?
- Analytical and conceptual thinking: strengths and weaknesses, possibilities and constraints.
Part III. Problem solving stages.
- Issues identification and definition - tools and techniques
- Issue analysis - tools and techniques
- Generating solutions - tools and techniques
- Solutions assessment - tools and techniques
- Implement the chosen solution.
Part IV. Stages of rational decision making:
- Identification and definition of the situation
- Identification of the alternatives
- Assessment of the alternatives and elimination of variants
- Choosing the best option (criteria, ranks)
- Implementation of the chosen option
- Observation and evaluation of the results
- Simple and compensative decision making techniques
Part V. Common mistakes in decision making
- Facts and beliefs
- Judgements and feelings
- Social context of the judgements
- The meaning of the context
- Global and partial assessments
- Illusions in opportunities assessment
- desires and beliefs
Part VI. Uncertainty and risk in decision making
- Perception and evaluation of the risks
- A Plan and critical areas of the plan
- Risk measurement
- Risky decisions under stress and time pressure
- Group thinking and other risky group decisions
- Post-decision dissonance
Duration: 2 days
Net Price: 2600 PLN